JEWELRY & PRODUCT DESIGN
- design ideation / concept development
- color palette development
- hand-sketching / rendering
- computer-aided design (CADs)
- technical specs
- hand manipulation / jewelry bench skills
- specialty card and packaging design
- print / pattern design
- interior design / styling consultation
- color palette / spacial planning for interiors
- custom drawings & paintings
- sewing, wood-working, and book-binding skills
- 9+ years working in the fashion jewelry & product design industries
- design for boutique stores, department stores, mass merchandisers
- experience with private label. licensed & branded design
- have worked directly with private label buy teams and licensors
- experience with specialty card, packaging and graphic design
- experience leading team of sample makers and daily workflow
- excellent communication & highly collaborative
- comfortable with public speaking and presentations
- BFA in Interior Architecture, Rhode Island School of Design
. . .
Creativity isn't just a path we choose.
It's a life we choose to live.
. . .
I spend most of my days building on-trend fashion-forward jewelry collections that beautifully complement the human form. With jewelry, everything is in the details - the iridescence and sparkle of the stones, the smooth polish of the metal as it brushes against the skin, the movement of light and shadow as the piece drapes across the body - all of those add up to the final finishing touches on the architecture of the body.
Humans have been ornamenting the body for centuries - there is so little that is truly new. So each piece of jewelry then becomes a challenge of reinvention - a beautiful conundrum of boldness and balance.
I revel in that beauty.
Designing jewelry is like putting the finishing touches on the architecture of the body - understanding how each piece comes to life in three-dimensions and how it will interact with it's environment - the human form.